KAYAKING THE TRUCKEE RIVER NEAR TAHOE
• Beautiful Mountain Scenery •
• Meandering Meadows •
• One of Tahoe's Best Kept Secrets •
Our most popular inflatable kayak trip is a 2 ½ to 3 hour adventure on the Truckee River above the town of Truckee. Serenity and excitement punctuate this class II run, as the constant flow of the river takes you past beautiful pine covered hills and grassy meadows. Seasonal fluctuations in flow dictate when we can run this stretch of river, so call before booking your trip.
GUIDED TRIP OPTIONS
Guided trips are accompanied by a professional guide. Your guide will lead you down the river as you paddle your own kayak (or if you desire, we also have two person kayaks). They will instruct and help you navigate your craft through the trip. On the full day kayaking trip they will serve up a gourmet lunch.
Trip Includes: Transportation, Equipment, and Professional Guided Trip. Discounts for groups of 12 or more.
Full Day: Alpine Meadows to Truckee with Lunch $120
-Trip Times: 9:30 am
Half Day: Granite Chief to Truckee $68
-Trip Times: 8:00-12:00 or 1:30-5:30
- Class II
- Ask About Age
- Meeting Location TBD
- Available April-June
- Length is 10 or 7 miles
- Click here to see the River Map Locator
If you’re feeling adventurous, consider a self guided kayak trip. We shuttle you and your group to the put-in site. Give a safety orientation on how to kayak and maneuver downstream, then send you off on your own. Those who choose this trip are encouraged to have previous kayaking experience.
Trip Includes: Transportation, Equipment, and Safety Talk. Discounts for groups of 12 or more.
Half Day: Granite Chief to Truckee $48
-Trip Times: 8:00-12:00 -or- 1:30-5:30
- Meeting location: Martis Village Plaza. 10015 Palisades Dr, Truckee, CA 96161
- 12 years and older required for one-person inflatable kayaks, younger children need to paddle with an adult in a double kayak.
- Everyone paddles/ should be in good physical condition.
- Meeting location: 10124 E Street, Truckee, CA 96161
- Reservations Recommended