South Fork American River: Gorge Run
(Class III Whitewater)
Best From North Lake Tahoe
• Leisurely Start, Exciting Finish •
• Perfect Introductory River •
• Large waves and splashes •
• Lots of Swimming opportunities •
• Fun for the whole family •
• Delicious lunch •
The South Fork – American River (Gorge Run)
The South Fork of the American River cuts through the heart of the Coloma-Lotus Valley, a beautiful setting to start one of the most popular stretches of whitewater in the United States. Our Gorge Run offers 12 miles of river fun and excitement. The first hour of this trip is fairly easy, creating a perfect setting to learn all the basics of whitewater rafting. Lunch is served on a large natural beach with ample space to lay out and tan or enjoy a refreshing swim in the calm river. After Lunch is served, the river picks up speed as it enters the lower gorge. Most rapids on the trip are located in this lower section. By this point your guides have trained you and your crew to be a professional rafting team ready for anything. Rapids continually build, walls of water douse from all sides as laughter and cries of joy are heard between the wild waters. One after another the rapids continue until finishing in Folsom Reservoir where a tow out from a jet ski awaits. The South Fork American River- Gorge Run is a perfect trip for first time river runners because of its mellow start, beginner and intermediate rapids, and large waves toward the end. An enjoyable day awaits for you to come and discover this popular river.
– Please click the link above and review our 2020 Covid-19 protocols
– All guests need to fill out of Wellness Questionnaire prior to rafting. (Available to fill out at check-in).
– Temperature readings at check-in.
– Facemasks worn at check- in as well as on the bus.
– Social Distancing when possible.
Check out our video
- 7 Years and above recommended
- Everyone paddles
- Everyone should be in good physical shape (weight limit 250 lbs.)
- No experience necessary
Due to Covid-19 we are only meeting our South Fork Gorge guests in Pilot Hill, Ca rather than Truckee. This cuts down on time spent in our vans.
Meeting Time: 10:00am in Pilot Hill
Meeting Location: 4531 Salmon Falls Rd, Pilot Hill, Ca 95664
Available: April – September
Length: 12 Miles, All Day
Passengers: Out boats typically take 6 passengers Per Boat. We have Larger rafts that can take up to a 8 Passengers, Plus A Guide. Ask For Details.
Available Trip Dates: Everyday all summer long!
Price: $135.00 per adult. $125.00 (7-12 years old).
No Payment Due until the day of your tour!
Includes lunch, transportation, equipment, and guided trip. Discounts for groups of 12 or more
4531 Salmon Falls Rd, Pilot Hill, Ca 95664
– We meet at our American River Pilot Hill property, to run the South Fork American River.
– The Drive from North Lake Tahoe to Pilot Hill takes roughly 1hr 35min.
-Due to Covid-19 all of our South Fork Gorge Trips will be met at our Pilot Hill Property. At this time, we plan to meet here in order to cut back on overall time spent in our vans.
Water flows on the South Fork American River result from releases from hydroelectric facilities located upstream. Such releases are not subject to the control of El Dorado County or commercial rafting companies operating under permit from El Dorado County.